Christmas 2014 Sale Haul: Uniqlo, Cheap Monday, ASOS, Forever21, Zara


I go Boxing Day and Christmas sale shopping every year so here's what I managed to get this time.

Please note that the online and in-store prices may be different or the item may no longer be on sale at this time.

Uniqlo

Jeans £9.90


As you all probably know by now, I am a big fan of Uniqlo and sometimes I end up in an outfit completely tom Uniqlo but I have never owned any of their jeans, merely because the original price is around £34.90 and I wouldn't really spend that much on a pair of jeans. So I finally had the chance try their jeans and I must say the quality is really good. I'm not sure how they'll wear over time but the fit and style is very good and I may try out more styles in the future.

Top £4.90


One of the most popular ranges at Uniqlo are their Heattech clothes which are a thermal type of clothing that keeps you warm but is extremely thing. The price of these tops has risen quite a lot in the years so I haven't purchased any for a long time but because of the sales, I made sure to get hold of one.

Top £4.90


This is actually a men's top but I bought it because of the fabric. Some of Uniqlo's clothes are made in what they call 'soft touch cotton' which is just what it says, a super soft fabric. They used to make womenswear in this fabric as I have a hoodie from quite a few years ago in the 'soft touch cotton' but they no longer use it for womenswear for a reason I do not know. So in order to get this amazingly soft clothing, you have to buy the men's tops which is actually alright as I can get a XS and it will fit like a women's S/M.

Hoodie £14.90


I don't often buy hoodies because I think they look too casual and I'm the type of person to overdress and try to look somewhat fashionable when I go out so I usually only wear hoodies at home. Seeing as the UK is extremely cold in the winter I got this hoodie which has a shearling lining inside the body. The arms do not have this lining which is a bit disappointing but I guess it means it won't make your ams look big!

Scarf £7.90



All my scarfs are colourful or patterned so sometimes it can be difficult to pair with outfits. I needed a black scarf and this one has the heattech technology so it's super warm.



ASOS

Earrings £2


I actually only bought these earrings so my order total would be over the limit so I could get free delivery(!) but I'm really pleased with how they look. I love wearing long earrings but and these are definitely the longest I own as they reach my shoulders but the design is very simple so they don't make too much of a statement.

Cheap Monday Jeans £19


I have always wanted jeans from Cheap Monday as I know they are famous for them but the price is a bit too high for me so I never really considered actually buying them. But they were really reduced on ASOS and I've been looking for some jeans with ripped knees so this was the perfect chance to get some. 



Cheap Monday

T-Shirt £10


I went to the Cheap Monday store on Carnaby Street and they were having 50% of some items which I was very happy with but it also made my life very difficult deciding what to buy! In the end I went for the classic t-shirt with the skull logo on it as this seems to be one of the most popular Cheap Monday pieces. It's quite oversized as I got a size S but it's almost like a t-shirt dress.



Forever21

Playsuit £13.99


So while searching for party wear I realised that playsuits are a pretty good option because they can look quite dressy but they're more practical because you don't have to worry about dresses being too short and exposing too much! This has a wrap over front with a v-shape back which comes just above where you're bra strap would be so there's no need to get one of those backless bras which was one of my concerns. Just wear a strapless bra and you're good to go. 


Zara

Jacket £29.99


I've been looking for a warm waterproof coat and I was originally planning on getting a parka but I couldn't find a style that I like. This jacket doesn't look too warm as it doesn't have any shearling lining inside, but the padding is surprisingly quite warm. It's a lot shorter than what I would usually go for but I think by wearing a shorter top, it will make me look taller! The style of this jacket is quite unique as it has a flap at the front that buttons across the zip. I also love the silver buttons and zips as I think it looks more modern than black and gold.

Let me know what you got in the Christmas sales!

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment