My Go-to Makeup Brushes


I never really thought the type of makeup brushes I used was that important and I would often just go for the cheapest ones I could find, but more recently I have realised how the quality of a brush can make so much so difference to how your makeup looks. These are the brushes I currently use for all steps in my makeup routine.
(Brush pot from H&M)


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush



I use this for liquid foundation and I find that it's great at softly blending out the product with leaving any streaks. It helps give a really even coverage and applies foundation really naturally as it buffs out the product so it doesn't look cakey.


Crown C457 Round Blender Brush



I've only started using this brush because I've been trying to finish up a cream concealer and I find that my fingers don't work well at applying it. It applies the product quite thinly which allows you to build up the coverage to what you want. This is great for under the eyes because I often end up applying too much concealer and it ends up creasing so this brush helps me control how much to put on. I would say it good for covering redness too but it doesn't really work over spots. Because it blends out the product quite a lot, I find that it doesn't cover blemishes very well so I still use my fingers to pat on the concealer for a higher coverage.


Real Techniques Buffing Brush



This is great brush for setting powder and it has quite a big surface so it's good for all over the face. It's also not too dense which is great for powder and it means a thin layer that be applied over your face.


Real Techniques Contour Brush



I actually don't use this brush as often anymore only because I'm currently using the Benefit Hoola Bronzer which comes with it's own brush. But for those who don't own this bronzer, I think this brush is a good option. It is quite dense so I apply bronzer little by little otherwise it comes out too dark. The shape makes it good for blending out so you don't just have a line of bronzer on your cheek. I also think this is a good brush for highlighter and it's a good size to apply on top of your cheekbones.


Eco Tools Tapered Blush Brush



This is a super soft brush and it's great for when you want a light layer of blush. Because of the shape of brush, I use a patting motion rather than a sweeping motion which I think works well.


Urban Beauty United No. 35 Eyeshadow Brush
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush



I use these brushes for when I'm applying one eyeshadow all over the lid. I have two brushes so I have one for matte colours and one for shimmer. The size of these brushes are really great to quickly get colour but are still soft enough to easily blend out the edges.


Crown C200 Deluxe Crease Brush
Real Techniques Shading Brush



I found it quite difficult to find a good crease brush for my eye shape because I have hooded eyes which means I don't really have a defined crease. A lot of the crease brushes I tried were too big for my eyes so when I wanted to put a colour just in the crease, it ended up going all over my eye. However the Crown brush is tapered and quite thin so it applies colour just where I want it but I can also blend it out nicely to look less harsh.
The Real Techniques brush is not a crease brush but if you want really concentrated colour in the outer corners, this works well. It's not very good at blending out because it's quite dense but if you want a more defined look, this is great.


Real Techniques Accent Brush
Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush



I use the accent brush to put eyeshadow on my lower lash line and it's just the right size to apply a bit of colour. 
I use the liner brush for applying glitter to the inner corners of my eyes. I don't use gel liner so I can't use this brush for what it's intended for but I think it still works well for when you want a tiny bit of eyeshadow somewhere.

What are your favourite brushes?

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment