May Favourites 2015


Sorry I missed out the last two monthly favourites posts. Coursework deadlines meant I didn't really have time to try out new products but now that my first year at university is over, hopefully I can put out more posts.


1. Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher - PK001 (Review here)
This is an old favourite of mine which I haven't used in a long time. It is a lovely pink shimmery blush that gives you that subtle summer glow. It's quite pigmented so a little goes a long way. 

2. Quay Australia My Girl Sunglasses
Quay sunglasses are really popular at the moment as loads of celebrities have been wearing them. The My Girl style is always out of stock so as soon as they were released again, I had to buy them. The cat eye shape is really flattering for my face shape and I love the blue mirrored lenses. 

3. Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion
I have very pale skin which doesn't look too good for the summer. I also don't tan even in 30+ degrees weather so I thought I should try some fake tanning products. I tried out this gradual tanning lotion as I wanted a very natural tan and that is definitely what I got. It gives you a really nice even tan but you have to remember to consistently apply it every day otherwise you won't see a difference.

4. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Ivory
This is a foundation that I think looks better as the day goes on. It can look quite cake when you just apply it but after a few hours, it looks really natural. The colour I'm using is actually about half a shade too dark for me and it has a slight orangey tone but it blends out really well and gives me a bit more colour to my pale face.

5. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Velvet - Atomic Rose
I've been really into matte lips but I prefer using lip creams or glosses that dry matte rather than a lipstick because I find them more moisturising that putting on a matte formula directly. This one is a great everyday colour and it lasts really went all day and I only need to reapply it after I eat.

6. Forever21 Marble Triangle Hoop Earrings
My marble obsession has reached the accessories department so when I saw these earring I had to buy them. I also love geometric shaped hoops so these are the best of both worlds. They're a bit small for my liking but I think that makes them more subtle and wearable.

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment