ALEXANDER WANGXH&M





The Alexander Wang collaboration with H&M has been the event that I have been most excited about this month ever since I found out. I am a big fan of Alexander Wang's designs but obviously they are not the most affordable (especially for a student like me) so I was ecstatic when I heard that this collaboration was coming out.

Let's just say the shopping experience wasn't the greatest as it was so stressful trying to get my hands on some pieces. I'm not sure how the shopping system worked in other countries but in the UK store that I went to, you we're given wristbands for the women's collection with an allocated time for you to shop the collection. I got a wristband for 10.35am and considering the store opened at 9am, I was quite worried that a lot of the stock would already be gone. There were no wristbands for the men's collection so there was just a long queue leading out of the shopping centre. 

The experience at the men's collection was definitely a lot worse than the women's. Customers were allowed in as groups of roughly 10-15 and you literally had about only 2 minutes to pick what you wanted. The collection was blocked off and led straight to the tills so you had to pay for what you got immediately. I was lucky to be able to pick up the last t-shirt for my brother but there were no jumpers left which is what my friend wanted the most.

The system for the women's collection was a lot better controlled in my opinion as we were given the time slots so there were about 10-15 people at a time and we had up to 10 minutes to choose what we wanted. We could also try on the pieces before paying because the collection wasn't directly connected to the tills like the men's collections. There appeared to be more stock in the women's collection as I think the sales assistants were replacing a few items throughout the day. I managed to get the skirt, jeans and tank top but unfortunately not the t-shirt dress which is the item I wanted the most. I am still extremely happy and lucky to have gotten these items in my sizes though so I'm not too bothered about the dress.



Skirt £34.99



This a jacquard knit bodycon skirt with an AW print along the top and bottom and WANG across the back. This is a very tight fitting skirt but I find it to be quite flattering because it pulls everything in and makes your stomach look flatter because of the horizontal sections. I picked up this skirt because I saw a photo of Kim Hyuna wearing it at the launch event and her whole outfit looked amazing but I didn't buy the crop top because it's not really my style so I will probably just pair the skirt with other black pieces.

Jeans £59.99



These are a pair of skinny jeans with a print on the front in a slightly leathery finish. I am constantly wearing jeans and I have been meaning to get a new pair of black jeans but these really interested me with the unique design and I think they would add a really nice touch to an outfit.

Tank Top £24.99





These was an item that I wasn't planning on getting but because they didn't have the dress I was looking for, I still wanted a top. I was debating whether to get this tank top or the crop top but the crop top was £29.99 so I thought it wasn't really worth it for the amount of material! This tank top is made in a breathable material (similar to AIRism by Uniqlo) and has 'THIS IS AN ALEXANDER WANG TANK TOP' on the front. The writing is very subtle which I really like as from afar it just looks like a plain tank top but up close you can see the detail.

Let me know what your favourite piece from the collection is and if you managed to get anything!


Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment