February Favourites 2015



1. MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette
I've been loving the two matte shades in this palette (shades 3 and 5) to create more definition to my eyes. I use the lighter shade all over the lid and then the darker one in the crease.

2. Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
This is a really good eye primer as my eye makeup doesn't budge at all and there are no signs or creasing or oiliness. I think this a great cheaper alternative to something like the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

3. B. Energised Eye Cream
I've never used an eye cream before as I thought I didn't really need to at my age. But my dark circles seem to be getting worse and worse from all the long hours of work I've been doing so I figured it was time I do something about them. This eye cream is more of a gel than a cream as it comes out clear and has a slight cooling effect. I do notice some difference in that my under eye area looks a bit brighter than before so I don't need to apply as much concealer. I haven't noticed much in terms of wrinkles or de-puffiness but I didn't really suffer from this anyway so it seems to be working fine for me.

4. Maxfactor Flipstick Colour Effect - Gypsy Red 30
I don't often wear red lipstick even though it's been really popular lately to wear it on a daily basis. I've wanted to be able to sport a bold lip just on a normal day out but I still feel a bit awkward. So instead of doing a completely red lip, I've been doing a gradient lip with this red in the centre then blended out to the edges. This red is really wearable because it's a slightly orangey bright red which isn't too over the top.

5. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - Cherry Me
When these first came out, they were really hyped up and I was one of those who got a few as soon as they came to the UK. My first impression wasn't too great as I didn't find them moisturising at all and they seemed to last less than hour which is pretty useless for something that's labelled as a lip balm. However since I've been doing a gradient red lip I often reach for this to go over the top to add a shine and some moisture. This balm is slightly tinted so it gives a nice sheer colour that look good on it's own. Although I still don't find it that moisturising, I find myself reaching for it because it's a quick way to add some colour to my lips.

6. Elegant Touch Totally Bare Stiletto Nails
So unfortunately my thumb nail decided to rip almost halfway down so I had to cut it really short and I hate having short nails. Because I'm so used to having naturally long nails, it feels weird for me to cut them really short so I like to wear fake nails until they grow out to the length I want. I usually buy fake nails that have a design on them but I find that I get bored really easily and sometimes they don't always match what I'm wearing so I decided to get these plain ones so I could paint them myself. Nail varnish goes on really smoothly and lasts a lot longer than they would on my natural nails. These have already lasted a week and not a single one has come off so I really recommend these if you want some nice fake nails.


(Models Own - Chrome Indigo)

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment