February 2015 Haul: H&M, Select, Forever21, Bank, Superdrug, Roseroseshop


So turns out I couldn't resist going shopping again! But I had a stressful deadline this month so I felt it was right that I treat myself.

H&M
Crop top £3.99



I've been meaning to get some more crop tops because I'm really into them at the moment as they're easy to skirt with jeans or skirts. I love this grey and white striped one as it will go well with monochrome outfits.

Jumper £5.99



I love clothes that have that baseball stripe design on them and this was also has 'clever' written in Japanese on it. I find clothes with text on that not everyone will understand better than ones with typical words or phrases as I think it makes them more unique and people won't stare at you truing to figure out what's written on your top!

Dress £12.99




There are a lack of black dresses in my wardrobe so I was on the look out for some nice black party dresses. I love the cutout detail on this dress and it shows just the right amount of skin without me feeling too self conscious.

T-shirt dress £6.99


I love the idea of a t-shirt dress because it creates a super simple and casual outfit. I'm always struggling to pull together a whole outfit so with this I don't have to think about matching tops and bottoms. I think you could just put on a statement necklace and you're good to go.

Clutch £6.99


When I go on night out I usually carry a small shoulder bag but I found that's it's really inconvenient for me so I wanted a small clutch that could fit my phone, ID and some cards and cash. This is actually a bit bigger than I would like but it was very difficult to find a small flat black clutch and I quite like the design of this one.

Select
Crop top £7.99


Again with my interest in crop tops at the moment I got this long sleeved ribbed top. The fabric is super soft and I love the length of this because it shows the right amount of midriff when you pair it with something high waisted. Often crop tops can be quite long on me and so they always touch the top of jeans or skirt which can look a bit awkward.

Forever 21
Skirt £3



I wanted some new bodycon skirts because mine was starting to loose shape and get worn out. My old one is from H&M and a lot of people seem to get these skirts because they're cheap but the fabric is actually quite thin and not very good quality. I saw these skirts in Forever 21 and they came in so many colours and are made from a much thicker fabric which I think will last longer. They were also really cheap so I picked up a black one and a red one.

Bank
Skirt £12.60 (sale)



Bank is clearing their stock so everything is reduced. I don't often go into Bank but I thought I could take a look since everything was on sale. This skirt is from a brand called Fenchurch which has sports luxe style clothing often make with scuba or mesh. Although the sports luxe trend is kind of out at the moment, I still really like it so I bought this skirt as I love the material and style. I wouldn't normally go for a skirt like this because I think it's quite hard to style but because it's black and white, hopefully I can combine some other black pieces with it.

Superdrug
Models Own Colour Chrome Nail Polish £4.99


I was so excited to see this collection because I love anything metallic. There are 10 colours in this range and there is currently 3 for 2 on Models Own products so I had a really hard time choosing which ones I wanted. I really just wanted all of them!

COLAB Dry Shampoo - London £2.32 (sale) £3.49


My current dry shampoo is almost finished and usually I would repurchase the same one but I felt like trying something new. I've heard so many good reviews about the COLAB dry shampoos and as they're currently on offer I decided to get one. It was really hard choosing which scent because they all smelt great. Hopefully this one is good so I can try out the others.

Roseroseshop.com
I always buy my Korean cosmetics from here because the prices and shipping is pretty cheap and they always arrive in 10 days which is super fast considering they're coming from South Korea. Everything is always individually bubble wrapped as well so I would highly recommend checking this site out if you want to buy some Korean cosmetics.

Tony Moly Lovely Eyebrow Pencil - 04 Brown $1.93


I've wanted a thin eyebrow pencil like the Anastasia Brow Wiz because the one I'm using always has to be sharpened after each use. This looked very similar as it's a super thin retractable pencil with a brush on the other end. Unfortunately when this arrived it was broken and so the pencil is now is 3 pieces. I managed to put the pieces back it but they will still fall out eventually. Another unfortunate problem is that the colour I bought is far to light for my hair colour at the moment. It is a medium brown with a slight reddish tone which would have been perfect when I used to lighter hair but now that I have dark brown/black hair, it doesn't match well. There is another colour called Black Brown which I may buy as I think this will be a better colour. Apart from these problems, the actual product seems really good as it's really easy to use and seems to last quite well.

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer $4.23


My current eyeshadow primer isn't very effective as it's in a stick format which I think sometimes leaves a too creamy/sticky base which doesn't really prevent my eyeshadow from creasing. I've wanted to try something like the Urban Decay Primer Potion but I can't bring myself to spend that much on an eye primer. I saw that this Etude House one looked quite similar as it's a liquid with a brush. I've only been using it for a few days but I can already see that it's much better than my old one and makes my eyeshadows last pretty much all day. The only place where it crease is near the inner corners but that's because my eyelids are super oily so I can't really prevent that.

Etude House Skin Malgem Toner - Smoother $9.24


I got a sample of this quite a while ago and I really enjoyed it so I decided to get the full size. I have sensitive skin so it does sting a tiny bit when you apply it but it doesn't cause any irritation or redness. My skin seems to appear better than when I didn't use this but I haven't seen any dramatic results yet.

Etude House Pearl Aura Brightening Essence $12.31


I also got a sample of this and to be honest I haven't really noticed much different in my skin but I just really enjoy using it. It actually seems like something that I would really want as it is a brightening product and I have really dull skin so I hope it does improve my skin with more use. I love how it comes with a pump because with the sample I would have to shake it out onto my hand and I wouldn't really know how much to use. Now it's so much easier to dispense the right amount.

Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot $8.47


I've been looking for a strong spot treatment because I often get one or two really big spots which take forever to go away. I've heard quite a lot about pink powder treatments and how they quickly dry out your spots so I decided to get this kit. It comes with two pink powder spot treatments, one in a jar and one in a bottle. I'm not actually sure what's the difference between the two and I can't read the Korean on the package so hopefully I can find out what they are online. This kit also comes with around 30 cotton buds which have a pointed end and a round end. I've just been using ordinary cotton buds and they seem to work fine as I don't want to waste these "special" cotton buds! The first time I used this I could instantly see the results. My spots were much smaller and flatter and almost entirely gone overnight. I think with about two to three uses the spots will entirely disappear.

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment