April 2015 Haul: Missguided, New Look, H&M, Forever21, The Perfume Shop, Superdrug, The Body Shop


There have been so many discounts and offers this month so I couldn't help picking up some things ready for summer.


Missguided



I absolutely fell in love with this as soon as I saw it because I am really into grid print at the moment. I also don't own a skort so I've been wanting to get one in this style for quite a long time but never really knew what colour or pattern to go for. I've found that missguided items run a size large so take that into account when buying from them.

I never thought I would own patterned trousers but I really wanted to try some out because I've always just worn black jeans and I find it quite boring now. I think these pinstripe trousers are a good starting point because the pattern isn't too in your face so I can pull these off with lots of different pieces. The fabric is nice and stretchy and the tapered shape is quite nice though I think I would need to wear heels with these because they do make me look quite short.


New Look

I've been wanting some flat shoes to wear in the summer and on holiday because all I own are heels and boots which aren't really appropriate for the weather and walking long distances. I love the thick sole on these as it makes them super comfortable and the thick straps mean they don't dig into my feet and cause blisters.

I wanted a bag that was medium size that I could fit an umbrella or bottle in and this is the perfect size for my everyday needs. This bag comes in quite a few colours and I was debating whether to get a more neutral colour or a bright colour but I thought I should get something brighter for summer and since I wear lots of black and white, it would add a nice pop of colour to my outfits.


H&M


I saw this top on a mannequin and thought it was so cute and would be great for summer. I was planning on only buying the white one but as I was heading to the till I spotted the aqua one and I love blue and aqua tones so I had to get it too especially with how cheap they are.

Earrings £3.99



These earrings are so unique as the back is longer than the front. I think these look really modern and they're quite a statement piece so I could just wear these and no other jewellery.


Forever21

I was in desperate need of a light jacket that was smart casual so I bought this blazer that's long and has splits up the sides. This looks great over a simple outfit like jeans and a t-shirt and I love how flowy it is. The only downside is that it doesn't have pockets because of the splits.

Even though I already bought a new bag from New Look, after wearing it for almost the whole month, I actually wanted something black because I often want to pull off the black on black everything outfit! I've been quite interested in bucket bags recently but I always see ones with tassels or other extras which aren't really my style so I went for this basic one which I think will go with everything.

Earrings £3.50



I'm really into stones and crystals at the moment as I think these earring are so pretty as they change colour depending on the angle you look at them.

Earring set £3.50



I have a second lobe piercing and I like to wear small studs in them so I got this set with loads of simple earrings. My favourite are the line ones because I think they look really modern and sleek.

I've been thinking about jumping on the choker trend but I wasn't too keen on the black ones or stretchy types so it took me a while to find one I liked. This one really caught my eye because of the star and moon charm and I think it looks really unique compared to other chokers.


The Perfume Shop

I've been wanting this perfume for a quite a while and I always smell it when I see it in store but I didn't want to spend so much on it. Recently they came out with a 20ml version which is perfect for me because I don't finish perfumes very quickly and it was a lot cheaper than the full version.


Superdrug

I was waiting for these to come in the UK and as soon as I saw them in store, I was testing all of them out. The formula is very creamy and goes on really smoothly. I love this colour and it's a wearable bright pink/red which is perfect for summer.

I don't own a highlighter and I like to use a lot of bronzer so I wanter a highlighter to help define my face more. This is a very shimmery highlighter so you have to be very light handed with it but it gives a lovely gold, almost iridescent glow to the face.


The Body Shop

I've been struggling with some spots on my shoulders and back for quite a while and since I'm starting to wear more strappy tops I feel quite self conscious about it. I read some reviews on this and it sounded pretty good and I do think it's slowly working but I'll probably have to wait at least a month to see a good difference.

I mentioned this in my skincare routine and I've really been enjoying it so far as my blemish scars are starting to fade and it really soothes my skin.

I read that this can be used as a setting spray for makeup so I wanted to try it out. The spray is quite strong so you need to put it quite far away from your face otherwise you're going to end up drenching your face but it is very refreshing and moisturising but I don't really think it helps my make up last longer.

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment