My Skincare Routine


This year I've been trying to improve my skin as I've seen it getting worse as I get older. I used to only use a cleanser and a cream but now I've started using more products that I think really work and I can start to see changes in my skin.

Cleansers



Olay Refreshing Face Wash
This is a really good basic cleanser which doesn't claim to do anything specific for your skin so I think it's really good for all skin types. Because it doesn't have any extra chemicals to target a certain skin problem, it's really gentle and I can use this all year round whether my skin is dry during winter or oily during summer. 

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash & Mask
I like to use when I have breakouts or am about to have breakouts as it really helps clear them up and make my skin look smoother. As it's a 2-in-1 products, it says that you can you it as a daily wash but because I have quite sensitive skin, it can become really dry if I use this too often. I like to use this about 2-3 times a week and when I use it, I apply it as a thin mask and keep it on for about 5 minutes before washing it off.

I also like to use a little exfoliator when I cleanse my face so I can really clean out all the dirt and also make my skin a lot smoother. This is a silicone one I got from Sasa but you can use other face brushes or exfoliators as well.


Toner



Etude House Skin Malgem Exfoliator
I never really used to use a toner before as I thought it wasn't that necessary but after using this for a while, I really think my skin has improved. I find that it really helps prepare my skin for essences and creams and this particular one is exfoliating and I've noticed my skin appears smoother and more even.


Essence


Etude House Pearl Aura Brightening Essence
I've always avoided essences or serums as they are often quite expensive and I just think they're an extra step that can benefit your skin. But because my skin has become quite bad lately I thought I should start using these products in the hope it will improve. I have a few dark spots on the tops of my cheeks so I try to use whitening or brightening products so I opted for this one. I've been using this for less than a month and I can already seem them fading.


Moisturiser



Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream
This is a really light cream that keeps my skin moisturised all day and it also acts as a great base for makeup.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion
I bought this thinking it would help reduce any spots I had but turns out it helps blemish scars fade. This obviously isn't a bad thing because I do have quite a lot of scars from old spots and from the few times I used this, I have actually seen a slight different as my skin looks less red in those areas. Unfortunately it doesn't help any existing spots so I still have to use a spot treatment.


Eye Cream



B. Energised Eye Cream
I have the worst dark circles ever and I'm not getting any more sleep any time soon so I thought it was about time to use eye cream. Most eye creams target wrinkles and puffiness but because I'm still quite young, I don't really suffer from these problem so I mainly wanted something to brighten my dark circles. This one is a gel so it feels really nice and cooling and I've noticed my dark circles look a little brighter but I think I need to use it for a few more month to see a bigger difference.


Spot Treatment



Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot
I've never used anything like this as I've always gone for a normal spot cream or gel but I've found that this works really quickly. I use is at night because you don't really want to be going around with pink dots on your face in the day! The next morning the spot is either dried up or a lot smaller.

What are your favourite skincare products?

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment