Beautycon London 2015


Yes that is a photo of me and Claire Marshall. Yes I'm still alive. Somehow. 

So Beautycon finally came to London this past weekend and I was thinking about going for a while because I think any event related to makeup and beauty would excite me. But what really convinced me to go what the fact that Claire Marshall (heyclaire) was on the guest list and being my absolute favourite youtuber/human being, I had to go.

Beautycon was held in Olympia and I've been there before for a few other events and I remember it being a really huge venue so I was excited to see loads of stalls to be there but it was actually not in the main Olympia building and was in the small block behind which really just looked like a warehouse to be honest. This kind of disappointed me because I was really expecting a lot more brands and people to be there but the room just looked a little empty.

I went with two of my friends and we went to see a few panels and go to some meet-ups so there were still things for us to do. It was quite surreal seeing all these youtubers in real life and I must admit I was star struck at times. We went to go meet Sophia Chang (fashionista804) and I must say she is seriously adorable. We had a small chat and asked her about her time in London and got to take a few pictures and she was just generally super nice and lovely. Her outfit and makeup were also amazing and I felt like I was just staring at her eyes most of the time! Unfortunately I look really ugly in the photo I took with her so I won't be sharing that. Next we met Claire Marshall and Amelia Liana and wow the line for this was so long that we had to wait for one and a half hours. When it was finally our turn I was literally so shocked that I was standing next to Claire that nothing could come out of my mouth. I was planning to compliment her or just confess my love for her but it just ending up in mumbles so I just quickly asked for a photo. She is seriously perfect. She is so gorgeous and I really can't believe I had the chance to meet her. I'm so sad I couldn't properly talk to her but because so many people were waiting, we had to rush and move on. 

Quite a funny thing I actually noticed was that a lot of the youtubers were actually quite short which made me feel really tall especially when I'm only about 5 ft 4!

So after all the excitement we decided to look at the stalls and buy a few things. There weren't many brands there as they were just the sponsors of Beautycon but I did manage to pick up a few things.


The first place was Benefit which had about 10% off everything and you also got a free makeup mag with any purchase. I bought the Hoola bronzer because I've been eyeing it up for ages but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a bronzer. It was £21 (originally £23.50) which is still quite expensive but I thought I might as well buy it now because I can't get it much cheaper anywhere else.



The next place was Liz Earle which were giving out free samples of their Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. The bag came with a 50ml bottle of the cleanser and one muslin cloth. I'm really excited to try this out as I've heard many great things about it.





Then we went to Nyx which wasn't actually selling anything but instead were giving out a free product if you took a selfie in front of their booth and showed them. Quite an interesting way to get a product but if it's free then why not! There were quite a few products to choose from and I didn't really know what I wanted so I just opted for this Jumbo Lip Pencil in Honey Nectar. It looks like a nice natural pink colour so I thought it would be really wearable and hopefully the formula is good.



Lastly we went to Crown Brush which were selling so many brushes for quite good prices. I've never bought any of their brushes so I thought I would try a few. I got two crease blending brushes (C200, SS027) and a round blending brush (C457). I think the round brush was £5 and the other two were £4 each. I checked online and the prices are roughly the same or actually cheaper but I guess I didn't have the pay for shipping so I kind of got the better deal. I plan on using the two blending brushes for when I do a smokey eye as I always use about 4 colours and I don't seem to have enough brushes so sometimes the colours just need up blending into one! I got the rounder brush to use for my concealer as I thought it'd be good for buffing in the product under my eyes and over blemishes.

Beautycon was quite a good experience and clearly the highlight was meeting Claire if that wasn't obvious! But I don't think I would go again if it came to London because it really wasn't worth the price of the ticket. I got a discounted ticket for £27 but the full price was £40 for general admission and £100 for pro so I definitely wouldn't spend that money again for this kind of event.

Let me know if you went to Beautycon and tell me your thoughts on it!

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment