Review: Etude House Etoinette Heart Blusher - PK001, OR201


Etude House is definitely one of my favourite brands mostly due to the packaging and the Princess Etoinette collection has to be prettiest makeup I have ever seen. I bought the pink blusher in June 2013 and have loved it ever since so I have been meaning to pick up the orange colour. As this collection is quite old, it is quite difficult to find but some online sites still sell some of the products, however it is a lot harder to find in Etude House stores. I bought the pink one online from roseroseshop.com (US$15, roughly £9, at the time) and the orange one I got in June 2014 from an Etude House store in Hong Kong on sale for HK$149 (roughly £11.50, original price was HK$247). Most of the face products from this collection are discontinued or on sale in Etude House stores but some other cosmetics stores may still carry them at the original price or higher. 








OR201 Brand new


PK001 Used for one year

Seriously, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous and to be perfectly honest that was the reason why I bought the first one. The blusher comes with a pink container, puff and the heart blusher pieces. I like how the blush is in a separate case as it helps protect them from breaking. I do not use the puff that it comes with because, firstly it's too cute to use(!) and secondly I don't find that they work particularly well. I just use an angled blusher brush to apply it. 

The blusher comes with 10 hearts in 3 shades. This is a very shimmery blush and almost gives a slight iridescent shine. For some people it might be too glittery but I love blushers with shimmer because I have dull skin so it really helps brighten up my face. Both colours are very wearable as they are not super bright or harsh but I think they are definitely better for summer. The pink is a very pretty baby pink shade and the orange comes out in a peachy colour. 

PK001



OR201



The staying power isn't too great but you can't really expect much from a loose powder blusher. The only downside I really see is the container as although it is very pretty and looks great on display, you can't really bring it around with you or store it easily. But other than that I think this is a lovely product and you should definitely try getting your hands on one!

Mimi x

1 comment:

  1. super cute blusher and you are right packaging is gorgeous. love it I should check it out. :)

    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete