Review: Maybelline Lip Polish/Color Elixir - POP1, POP5



These Maybelline lip glosses aren't released in the UK yet and I'm not sure if they ever will be so I took the opportunity to buy them in Hong Kong. I believe in the US they're called Color Elixir but in Hong Kong (and possibly other parts of Asia) they were called Lip Polish. There are significantly fewer colours in this range than the Color Elixir collection but I still managed to find some colours I liked.

The colours I went for were POP1 and POP5. In Hong Kong, they are priced at HK$85 each (roughly £6.50) but at the time I bought them, there was a buy one get one free deal!





Left: POP5    Right: POP1

Firstly I'd like to say that I really like the packaging. The bottle is very small and is in the shape of a lipstick bullet. I find the size very convenient to carry around with me and in my opinion, square shaped lip gloss tubes look nicer in general.

The applicator is at a slight angle so the product applies really nicely. The gloss is really smooth without feeling too sticky and it gives a decent amount of colour. It is not as pigmented as a lip lacquer but it gives a natural shine of colour to the lips which I really like. These seem very wearable and the colour also lasted very well throughout the day. It didn't dry out my lips or settle into any lines and I only had to reapply after I had a meal.

POP1 is a bright orange colour in the tube but when applied, it appears more like a coral. This is probably due to my natural lip colour but because it is quite sheer, it's hard to get a true orange.

POP1



POP5 is a mid tone pink and it appears almost the same colour as it looks in the tube. It is a very wearable shade and I think it would suit a lot of different skin tones.

POP5




Overall I really like this glosses and I would highly recommend them. Hopefully they will come to the UK so I can buy some more!

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment