August Favourites 2014


Since being on holiday to Hong Kong and Taiwan this summer, I have discovered many good products which have now become favourites of mine.


1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
These aloe vera gels are really popular in Asia right now as I've seen multiple brands come out with their version. I bought the Nature Republic one as it was on sale for HK$22 (about  £1.70) and was the promoted product in many cosmetic stores. I have a bad habit of not always moisturising my body because I hate the sticky feeling you get when you apply body lotion. But this gel is so light and dries really quickly and the scent is really fresh and pleasant.

2. Revlon Photoready Concealer - 002 Light
I have always wanted to try this concealer but stick concealers have never appealed to me because I thought they would be really cakey. But this Revlon concealer has been absolutely amazing! It is so easy to use and blends so nicely and gives great coverage.

3. Etude House Look At My Eyes Cafe - BR402 Cafe Mocha
I have never really worn matte eye shadows before as I've always been into shimmery shadows. These shadows were HK$30 (about £2.30) so I thought I would try some out and I think I have now been converted to using matte shadows. Recently my favourite makeup look to do has been a matte brown smokey and I use this dark brown in the outer corner. I also use this colour to fill in my eyebrows. 

4. Etude House Play Nails - 106
I am a sucker for most things shiny and glittery and this nail varnish has it all. This one has different shaped glitter including diamonds, hexagons and lines in white, gold and iridescent colours. I have been wearing it on my nails for the past 2 weeks and it really adds a shine and sparkle to my nails.



5. Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister Mascara Waterproof
This mascara is one that I have constantly heard good reviews on so I had to try it out. All mascaras that I have tried before leave me with panda eyes but this is amazingly waterproof and doesn't smudge at all throughout the day. It leaves your lashes lengthened and separated for a really clean look.

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment