January Favourites 2015


I don't have many items to share this month because I'm trying not to spend so much on new products! I've changed some things in my makeup routine so I've rediscovered some old favourites.


1. KIKO Duo Eye Shadow - 208
Whenever I do winged eyeliner, I always use a matte eyeshadow as a base because I have very oily eyelids and this prevents the eyeliner from transferring. I've always used a matte brown (Etude House BR403) but recently I've been reaching for this greyish pink colour. I think this adds more depth to my eyes and actually somehow looks more natural. The glitter side of this duo is also great for putting in the inner corners which I often like to do for special events.

2. Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner
I've stayed away from these pen eyeliners because the lasting power isn't as good as a liquid eyeliner for me. But sometimes I can be lazy and applying liquid eyeliner can be really time consuming and more difficult to get a neat wing. This pen has a super fine tip so it's great for creating a precise shape. It still transfers onto my lid after a few hours but when I use this liner, I draw the line thinner so it's more unlikely to touch my crease and smudge.

3. Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil - Vintage Blush
Very occasionally I won't wear eyeliner in my lower waterline because although it defines my eyes more and I personally think it looks better on me, it probably makes my eyes smaller. So instead of a black or brown eyeliner, I use this shimmery colour along my lower lash line. This brightens up the eye area and also gives that very popular "aegyosal" look from Korea. These pencils are very long-lasting and don't smudge so if you want to use them all over the lid, you have to blend it out immediately before it sets.

4. Seventeen Brow Sculpting Pencil - Natural Brown
I've always used powder to fill in my eyebrows but I found that it looked quite dark and unnatural. It was also quite difficult to get a neat shape towards the ends of my brows using an angled brush. So I decided to try a pencil and I wish I had been using one all this time. It looks so much more natural and it's a lot easier to use. There is also a handy brush on the end to soften the lines where needed.

Mimi x

No comments:

Post a Comment